Taking care of your pressure washer can make it last longer than its expected lifespan. It is a common practice everywhere to put your pressure away after you are done washing it for the last time of the year. Not taking proper care and maintaining your pressure washer may not let you take its advantage in the most beneficial way. If you want to operate it for several years then you should follow maintenance procedures and you will be able to get many more seasons out of your pressure washer. It is recommended by experts to maintain your pressure washer in the following way.
Before Using Pressure Washers
- First of all, you need to make sure that O-rings are present at the ends of your pressure washer hose. In case your O rings are damaged then it may lead to serious problems such as leaking and injuries while you are using them. Make sure to replace them before using them if they are damaged.
- You should make sure that the nozzle is perfectly locked at the end of the wand of your pressure washer. You should be careful while handling the nozzle of your pressure washer.
- If you own a gas-powered pressure washer, make sure to get fresh gas before using it. You should never try to use your pressure washer with old gas sitting in its tank. If you have got an oil-powered pressure washer then make sure to change its oil.
- You should also make sure that there is no corrosion on the spark plugs. Maintain proper pressure and amount of water when you start using it.
After Using Pressure Washers
- Once you are done using your pressure washer, you should always unplug it by powering it off. This should be your first step after using the pressure washer since it may also lead to serious injuries and damage.
- You should clean the detergent tank with water so that no chemicals are there in the tank.
- You should make sure that there is no grime or dirt remaining on the pressure washer otherwise some materials can cause corrosion of your pressure washer.
- You should drop all the excess water from the pressure washer after using it for cleaning surfaces.
- Finally, when you are planning to store your pressure washer for a long time period then store it at a place where sunlight or rainwater couldn’t reach it. Keep it in a place where children couldn’t approach it.
When using your pressure washer, always make sure to follow the instructions of the supplier or manufacturer as it can ensure the safety of your family and yourself. If your pressure washer is producing defective sounds and shows wear and tear signs then you should immediately stop using it and talk to an expert. You can also take your pressure washer to a repair shop so that it can be repaired and reused again.